2011年10月31日月曜日

Live lightly!




I have a dream that one day I will go out without taking anything with me. I have been dreaming about this simple thing for a long time but it seems still far away to realize it. On the contrary, my bags are getting heavier and heavier. It not only annoys me but also makes my shoulders stiff.

What I always have in my bag is a notebook, a pen case, a wallet, a mobile phone, iPod, a pill case, a name cards holder, a scheduler, keys, cosmetics, a small bottle of gargle, a hair brush, a bottle of water and such. (Many women commonly carry these items.)

In addition, I have some A4 size business document files in my eco bag. (So do many working women.) Plus, I squeeze an English textbook, a workbook and an electric dictionary into my eco bag so that I can take them out and study any time I want. That way I can make the most of my time.

As a result, I ended up schlepping around my 3.5kg of stuff among my office, home and my clients.
I feel as if I were a snail!

When I made a trip with a friend of mine I was very surprised to find that her belongings were just one third of mine. What she needs for a week trip is as the same as my one day trip.

I want to learn how to travel light and live lightly as well.

The photo above is from “Material World: A global Family Portrait.” It’s a project that takes pictures of people with everything they own. Less things is beautiful!



にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ
にほんブログ村

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿