2013年2月23日土曜日

Sakuragawa in Kyoto


I went to Kyoto last weekend.  This time, our main purpose is to see The Temple of Golden Pavilion in snow.  I hear that it’s just amazing and I’ve wanted to see it at least once in a lifetime.  I accessed extended weather forecast site and found out the day when we could have the highest chance of having snowfall in Kyoto.

Actually, it snowed, but it was just Kazahana, a flurry of snow in a clear sky.  Without beautiful snow scenes, it’s not worth visiting during winter season.   Kyoto is just cold and old city and walking around temples was really taxing on me.  

However, every cloud has a silver lining.  It’s not as difficult to book good restaurants as I do in high seasons.  Sakuragawa is one of those Japanese restaurants and fortunately I had a chance to visit there. 

I enjoyed a series of Japanese dishes that used seasonal local vegetables and fish cooked in various styles.  All of them are very delicate and elaborate both in taste and presentation.  What impressed me most was “kaburamushi or stuffed and boiled turnip with fried oyster.  It’s one of the typical Kyoto dishes in winter and it made my body very warm.  I can say that it’s just what the doctor ordered on such a cold day.  The restaurant leaves nothing to be desired.

When I walked out from the restaurant, I noticed that cherry trees are planted along the Takase river that flows in front of the restaurant.  It would be very nice to come again in Sakura season.

It's a small, but comfortable restaurant.
Kinkakuji photo:carview.co.jp

↓Thank you very much for your click.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語ライティングへ
にほんブログ村

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿