2015年4月8日水曜日

Spring scenes at Kujukurihama beach


One of the places that I long to go in spring is Kujukurihama beach in Chiba.  Having been raised in Chiba prefecture, beach means Kujukurihama and spring comes around with the taste of fresh seafood.  The slightly bitter flavor of sazae shellfish grilled in its own shell is my favorite. 

Kujukurihama is located on the east side of the Boso peninsula.  It stretches 66 km long in total in a sweeping curve along the Pacific Ocean.  Fortunatelly, when I visited, very few people were there.  As I watched the waves coming in and out and heard them broke, I felt really liberated. 


There are many seafood stalls along the beach in Kujukuri-cho.  We went to one of them and had a superb lunch.  It may come as a surprise, but when I was an elementary school student, children were able to buy grilled sazaes with their pocket money and my memories of spring school picnics are full of soy sauce flavored sazaes. 

The entrance of Pore Pore, French style inn and restaurant.
After enjoying fresh sazaes, we got on Kujukuri beach line, a comfy highway that runs just beside the beach and went to Kazusa Ichinomiya.  The reason why we dropped by that town is there is a tiny lovely auberge (French style inn and restaurant) that we want to stay for our summer holidays and we just wanted to look it over beforehand.

When we had a cup of coffee, the owner of the café suggested us to go to a lighthouse.  Lighthouse?  I never heard the word for ages and it made me feel something nostalgic and fluttering as well.
The Daitousaki lighthouse on a hill was much more than I expected.  It looked out over both the sea and the town.  Its panoramic view was breathtaking. 

I went on a trip overseas every chance I got when I was younger.  On the other hand, I didn’t know much about domestic places.  Day trips visiting places nearby is not bad.  It’s more like new experiences.  I think it was a shame for me not to have visited them much earlier.

↓Thank you very much for your click
にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ
にほんブログ村

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿