2016年3月9日水曜日

Working As a Guide Interpreter

Last month, I received a letter confirming that I passed the test to be a government licensed guide interpreter.  It’s a qualification that enables you to guide foreign tourists with a monetary reward.  I took this exam just for a challenge, but I never imagined working as a guide interpreter up to now. 

In 2015, the total number of tourists visiting Japan was 19,730,000.  It was a 47.1% increase from the previous year.  Tourism is one of the highest growing industries in Japan and the government is aiming to increase it.  It’s surprising to know that the government is setting the goal of gaining 30,000,000 tourists by 2030. 

It must be interesting to be involved in the tourism industry.  However, what should I do with this license that is so hard to come by?  What can I do for people coming to Japan?  I have been thinking about it since I passed the exam.

As for me, I’m a lazy traveler.  I like to sip drinks while viewing nice scenery for as long as I want rather than to visit many places.  Besides, I’d like to find something that is not listed in guidebooks.  A package tour or a group tour is convenient, especially for the first time or the first day in a country.  But I don’t feel up to joining it because the schedule is always filled with events and we need to be punctual.

I haven’t come up with any plans yet but at least I can say I will target people like me, lazy adventurers.  I hope I can help foreign visitors someday in the near future.


↓Thank you very much for your click.
にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ
にほんブログ村

2 件のコメント:

  1. Congratulations!
    ガイド通訳者って大変そうですよね。英語もそうだけど、色々な知識が必要そう。背景とか歴史とか。ツーリストの方々がどんなものに興味があるかもしりたいですよね。がんばって下さい。

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Fume Zさん。
      コメントありがとうございます。ずっとブログを更新していなくて、お返事もこんなに遅くなってしまいました。いま、少しですが通訳ガイドもやっています。機会があれば、いつかインバウンド関連の記事もエントリーしようと思っています。一度止めたブログを再起動するのって、けっこう力技(汗)。がんばります〜。

      削除