2011年7月2日土曜日

America's Next Top Models

Now, I’m watching “America’s Next Top Model” again.

I just found out that all episodes are available on the Internet and I’m enjoying one of them almost every night.

Cycle 3 is my favorite one, where some girls are going to Tokyo for their competition. Not only the regular members but also Tyra’s mother and her brother’s family from Okinawa appear on the show and it seems like her private trip.

Everything that contestants are required to do, right down to joining the tea ceremony, are very funny. I wondered how they are connected to the beauty competition.

Anyway, I enjoyed the difference in perception between Japanese people and American TV viewers in terms of how they perceive Japan.

The finalists of the cycle are Yaya and Eva. These two beautiful girls are completely different each other.

I believed that Yaya would win because she is smart, leans everything very quickly and mentally stable. However the judge’s decision was different. They chose Eva because she is much more relatable and approachable than Yaya.

The same things happen in our industry.

Very smart and beautiful girls are not always necessarily well-perceived by consumers

That’s one of the difficult points in selecting a suitable model for a brand.



0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿